commons-user mailing list archives

From "John E. Conlon" <jcon...@verticon.com>
Subject Re: [mapper] Any implementations yet
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 19:18:41 GMT
On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 11:04, David Graham wrote:
> --- "John E. Conlon" <jconlon@verticon.com> wrote:
> > Mapper looks like a nice solution to debundle mapping implementations
> > but are there any implementations using Mapper right now.
> >
> > I would like to use this even if I have to write wrappers myself, but I
> > don't want to re-invent the wheel.
>
> Each implementation of the Mapper interface will typically persist one
> kind of business object.
Ah I think I see said the blind man.

> Obviously this is specific to your app. so I
> don't know what you mean by your question.
>

>>From the introduction:

The purpose of Mapper is similar to Commons Logging. It isn't a mapping
technology itself, it merely exposes common functionality of other
mapping APIs.

I was expecting there may be mapper wrappers for some of the persistent
technologies out there...

What else do you have planned for the Mapper project besides
documentation?

thanks,
John