commons-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@bluewin.ch>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] Replacing the JDK's HttpClient?
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 18:34:44 GMT
Petite,

Currently HttpClient provides a partial implementation of
HttpURLConnection. The problem is (at least in my opinion) that
HttpURLConnection is so badly broken that this hardly makes a lot of
sense to simulate its behaviour. So far nobody has felt compelled to
step in and provide a plug-in HttpURLConnection replacement based on
HttpClient code

Cheers,

Oleg