commons-user mailing list archives

From "John E. Conlon" <jcon...@verticon.com>
Subject Re: [SQL]Jdbc to Schema AntTasks
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2004 21:30:53 GMT
On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 22:21, matthew.hawthorne wrote:
> John E. Conlon wrote:
> > I am trying to generate a XML database schema from JDBC metadata. See
> > the JDBCTransformTask and the JdbcToSchemaTask in
> > org.apache.commons.sql.task package but don't know which one to use or
> > the syntax.
> >
> > Have tried experimenting with variation against a hsqldb 1.7.2. but my
> > builds hang.
> >
> > Has anyone an example of either of these tasks?
>
> I've never used this task, but after looking at the JavaDocs for
> org.apache.commons.sql.task.JdbcToSchemaTask, and examining
> the field names, I'd imagine that it would be used like this:
>
> <jdbc2schema dbDriver="" dbUrl="" dbPassword="" dbUser=""
> 	dbCatalog="" dbSchema="" outputFile=""/>
>
> with your values filled in accordingly.
>
> If this doesn't help, take a look at the source code, it may help with
> debugging.
>
> Let me know how things go.
Looked at source and then at my Ant classpath. Yep my classpath in Ant
was hosed up. Here is the command that worked:

<jdbc2schema
          dbDriver ="${sql.dbDriver}"
          dbUrl="${sql.dbUrl}"
          dbUser ="${sql.dbUser(id)}"
          dbPassword ="${sql.dbUser(password)}"
          outputFile="${schema.dir}/mydiscovered-hsql.xml"/>

Not so sure about the dbCatalog or the dbSchema but it seam to work with
out them.

thanks for the help,
John