commons-user mailing list archives

From "John E. Conlon" <>
Subject [SQL] HSQL Drop table
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2004 20:16:50 GMT
Had a problem with the ddls generated for hsqldb. The first time
creation of tables was encountering problems.  The ddl generated started
with a

drop table <tablename> ;

declaration. When I ran the ddl for the first time encountered an error
stating the table did not exist. To get it to work, I changed my local
copy of the source for the HsqlDbBuilder to override the dropTable
method of the super class as follows:

     * Outputs the DDL to drop the table
    public void dropTable(Table table) throws IOException {
        print("drop table ");
        print(" if exists");

Thought someone with change access to the cvs may want to change it if
it makes sense.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message