commons-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Use commons code in GPLed web application ?
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 19:04:03 GMT
Quoting Juergen Weber <weberjn@yahoo.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I have written a web application, that uses some
> commons libraries.
>
> Can I release this web application under the GPL
> (LGPL?) or do I have to use the apache license as
> well?

As far as Apache is concerned, you can certainly distribute Apache code with
your application, as long as you obey the Apache license requirements (such as
documenting that you're using Apache code).

Whether or not the GPL license allows you to mix in non-GPL'd code is a question
 for someone who uses that license.  That leaves me out :-).

> Thanks,
> Jürgen

Craig McClanahan