commons-user mailing list archives

From Jorge Morales Pou <jm...@tid.es>
Subject [HttpClient] Trying to obtain a realm to send the correct authentication
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 16:17:59 GMT
Hi,
  I have a web-application protected by an ISAPI filter. For loggin
  off users we have implemented a varying realm system, where the
  realm changes from time to time, thus itŽs not always the same.

  We want to access some protected resources from Java, but we dontŽt
  have a realm to use in the HttpClient.getState().setCredentials(...)
  We want to make a connection to obtain the realm, and then Create
  the credentials with these realm, and a UsernamePasswordCredentials,
  but donŽt know how to do it.
  Is it posible to open a connection, and from the 401 response read
  the realm to use it further?

  Thanks from Spain.
Saludos,
"No hay mujer fea,