commons-user mailing list archives

From "Mark.he" <mark...@achievo.com>
Subject [DBCP]: How to obtain the best performance using DBCP when there are many databases.
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 07:20:28 GMT
Hi All,

I have been suffering for several days because of an database problem.

There is a legacy system need to be extended. The system creates 50 tables when creates a
new user.
That is, if 60,000 users are required, 3,000,000 tables will be created. I'm using MySQL,
so it's impossible to create so many tables in one database.

Because the system data structure can't be modified, I'd like to create multiple databases
to solve this problem. (Any suggestion about this problem are appreciated)
But another problem arises. If I create 100 databases, how can I maintain so many connection
pools?
Is maintaining 100 connection pools feasible?
How can I obtain the best performance in this case?

Any suggestion, any similar experience will be valuable to me.
I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thanks a lot,
Mark.Ho