commons-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian <nospam...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Betwixt: Setting up BeanWriter to render a bean property as attribute rather than element
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2004 18:28:10 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:

> On 7 Feb 2004, at 14:37, Sebastian wrote:
>
> hi sebastian
>
>> Hi Robert,
>> I managed to download the refactoring branch and build a distribution
>> using maven. The I created a custom simplytypemapper and launched a
>> junit test on my project. Then I discovered that nearly nothing works
>> anymore. I removed my simpletypemapper and tried using the .betwixt
>> files again. the junit test still failed. then I recognized, that
>> collections are not unserialized as they used to do before, so when I
>> have an xml like this
>> <categories>
>>    <category>...</cateogry>
>>    <category>...</cateogry>
>>    <category>...</cateogry>
>> </categories>
>> I expected that calling beanReader.parse(new StringReader(myXml))
>> returns a Categories object as it did before (using betwixt alpha 1),
>> but for any reason it now returns a Category object.
>> Did anything substantial changed in how betwixt handles collections?
>

> the reading code has been completed rewritten (it's still a bit of a
> mess at the moment since there's more refactoring to come) but the
> behaviour shouldn't have changed. i've added an additional test for
> reading collectives based on the information you gave me but it doesn't
> fail. if you'd be willing to donate a unit test to the ASF that
> demonstrates the problem. i'm confident that i'd be able to quickly find
> a way to resolve it.
>
> - robert

I just recognized that it works with Categories and Category, but it
doesn't work with Instructors and Instructor, even if they have exactly
the same properties.
When I change Instructor to Instructory and Instructors to Instructories
it works.
Can it be that there is a bug in the way how betwixt determines
singular/plural?

Sebastian