commons-user mailing list archives

From AndrewPeir...@cabs.co.zw
Subject Re: [DBCP] - Informix and DBCP 1.1 compatibility...
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 08:21:36 GMT
Hi Dirk,

Thanks for getting back to me...  I have just downloaded the latest
nightly builds for DBCP and pool and have recompiled and rerun the
ManualPoolingDataSourceExample.java.  I still get the exception...but it
now looks like this....

Creating connection.
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot get a connection, pool
exhausted
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource.getConnection(PoolingDataSource.java:148)
        at
ManualPoolingDataSourceExample.main(ManualPoolingDataSourceExample.java:169)
Caused by: java.util.NoSuchElementException: Could not create a validated
object, cause: Read only mode not supported
        at
org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:851)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource.getConnection(PoolingDataSource.java:140)
        ... 1 more

Looks like you may be right and the Informix driver does not support the
setReadOnly method.  Anyway around this....  I'm fairly new to working
with Databases and Java, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks again for the swift response,

Andrew Peirson.