commons-user mailing list archives

From AndrewPeir...@cabs.co.zw
Subject [DBCP] - Informix and DBCP 1.1 compatibility...
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:18:49 GMT
Hi All,

I have been trying to get the ManualPoolingDataSourceExample.java working
with an Informix database.  Initially I was using DBCP 1.1 and Pool 1.1
from the commons section and the source compiles fine.  However, when I
try run the example, I get the following exception:

Creating connection.
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot get a connection, pool
exhausted, cause:
java.util.NoSuchElementException: Could not create a validated object
        at
org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:851)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource.getConnection(PoolingDataSource.java:140)
        at
ManualPoolingDataSourceExample.main(ManualPoolingDataSourceExample.java:169)

I know that my connect URL is correct as I have been using it to establish
connections to my database for some time now and have had no problems.  I
tried changing the datasource default settings, hoping to get rid of this
exception, but nothing works.  In the end, I downloaded DBCP 1.0 and that
fixed everything....!  Why, I don't know...

My question is two fold... Firstly, is there any way of getting DBCP 1.1
to talk nicely to Informix or do I have to use the older version and
secondly, if I have to use the older version, what issues do I have to
watch out for that have been improved or fixed in version 1.1, that may
cause problems in using DBCP 1.0?

Thanks for your help and suggestions,
Andrew Peirson.