commons-user mailing list archives

From eng...@sgx.com
Subject [Configuration]Use of indexOf() method in StringBuffer class
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 09:12:52 GMT
I think commons-configuration is a great package, but I have problem using
it in JDK1.3 because the ConfigurationKey class uses the indexOf() method
in java.lang.StringBuffer class.  This method is only defined for JDK1.4
onwards and is not present in earlier JDK versions.  I would appreciate if
the developers could provide backward compatibility for earlier JDK
versions.  I want to be able to use the package in my WebSphere app server,
which currently is still supporting only JDK1.3.

Regards,
Eng Hoe
Application Development
Technology Group
SGX Ltd

DID: (65) 62368963
FAX: (65) 64388840
email: enghoe@sgx.com

Confidentiality Caution
message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly
notify the sender by reply email. Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this message that is not of an official nature shall be
deemed as neither given nor endorsed by SGX unless indicated by an
authorised representative independent of this message.