commons-user mailing list archives

From "Guillaume Nodet" <guillaume.no...@deliasystems.com>
Subject RE: [Configuration] Problems with properties containing integers in the name
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:34:54 GMT
I got another problem also. I want to have a string representation of the
configuration without using a temporary file (as the Configuration interface
is not Serializable). I did not see any simple methods get this. The load
and store functions do not accept InputSteam or OuputStream objects...

Regards,
Guillaume

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Guillaume Nodet [mailto:guillaume.nodet@deliasystems.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 11 février 2004 14:28
À : commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
Objet : [Configuration] Problems with properties containing integers in
the name

I've tried to use the configuration component but ran into the following
problems.
I wanted to export a configuration (stored in a .properties file) to an xml.
The problem is that i had some properties like this:
	xxx.yyy.1=zzz1
	xxx.yyy.2=zzz2

Two problems arose:
 * the xml syntax does not support tag beginning by a numeric character,
   so the <1>, <2> tags are not valid
 * my list of properties contained more than 10 items and the subset method
   returned bad things. The subset method does not check for a '.' at the
   end of the prefix, so that xxx.yyy.10.zzz was returned when asking for a
subset
   beginning with 'xxx.yyy.1'.

Regards,

Guillaume Nodet