commons-user mailing list archives

From Vikas Phonsa <VPho...@suz.com>
Subject newbie: Commons-Configuration
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 18:56:20 GMT

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie to Commons-Configuration and would appreciate your thoughts on
the following issues:

1. I have the following structure in my daoConfig.xml property file:

<DAOs>
	<DAO name="/Address/Master">
		<entityDAOClass>AddressMasterDAOImpl</entityDAOClass>
		<factoryClass>jdbc.DefaultJDBCDAOFactory</factoryClass>
	</DAO>
</DAOs>

How do I get the factoryClass property for the DAO with name
attribute="/Address/Master"

I know how to get like DAO[@name] and DAO.factoryClass. But I want to find
the factoryClass property for a DAO using a give specified name attribute
for it.

2. Is there any class available in configuration or if anybody has made a
high level class that does the initialization of ConfigurationFactory and
creates a Configuration Object. I mean that in an application the users
should not have to create a Factory and a Configuration object manually.
Those details should be hidden from them and they should just be able to
call getProperty() and get the property. So there such a class available
that would do the initialization steps and load a configuration to be used
in an application.

Thanks in advance.

Vikas