commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Betwixt: Setting up BeanWriter to render a bean property as attribute rather than element
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 22:36:56 GMT
hey Sebastian

i have some good news and some less good news:

the good news is that i've added a pluggable strategy for binding
simple types (primitives at the moment). i hope that you should be able
to subclass the new SimpleTypeMapper class with something a litte like:

     /** Implementation binds strings to elements but everything else to
attributes */
     class StringsAsElementsSimpleTypeMapper extends SimpleTypeMapper {

         /**
          * Binds strings to elements but everything else to attributes
          */
         public Binding bind(
                             String propertyName,
                             Class propertyType,
                             IntrospectionConfiguration configuration) {
             if (String.class.equals(propertyType)) {
                 return SimpleTypeMapper.Binding.ELEMENT;
             }
             return SimpleTypeMapper.Binding.ATTRIBUTE;
         }

     }

the less good news is that i needed to add it on the refactoring branch
(since the code involved on CVS HEAD has been refactored on the
branch). so you'll need to grab the REFACTORING-BRANCH_2004-01-13
version of the source from cvs and build it yourself (probably using
http://maven.apache.org).

i may get round to adding some documentation on it but again this will
be on the branch.

- robert