commons-user mailing list archives

From "matthew.hawthorne" <>
Subject Re: [Sql] Status
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2004 07:03:22 GMT
>>recently I discovered the SQL project in the sandbox. It's a pretty nice
>>piece of work - although it still seems to be quite error prone.
>>Having a look at the CVS repository it seems to me, that no one is working
>>on this project at the moment. Could you please tell me the status of this

I started using [sql] a few months ago to handle schema creation and
data population for a
Postgresql database.  It's worked out great and I haven't experienced
any errors.

I'm the only person to make commits to the project recently, and they
were all patches submitted
by db.apache comrades (ojb and torque developers, I think)

I've had plans to submit a proposal to move [sql] from the
jakarta-commons-sandbox to the db-commons
for quite awhile -- I just haven't found the time to make this happen yet.

There is another commiter who is still waiting for his sandbox access,
Thomas Dudziak, who is going to
be working on [sql] also.

So basically, the project isn't bustling, but it definitely isn't dead.
  Don't be afraid to use it.  If you find bugs,
please submit them to Bugzilla.  If you have ideas or suggestions, post

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message