commons-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <>
Subject Re: [DBCP] - Tomcat 5
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:24:19 GMT
Both Tomcat 4.x and 5.x ship with DBCP in common/lib so you shouldn't
need to put them in WEB-INF/lib.

If you create your own datasource/connection pool then you should
release the connections when the application is stopped for
redeploying. (user the close() method)

Same if you use a context level JNDI datasource, you also need to
close the datasource when your application gets reloaded. (using a

If you use a global JNDI datasource then this isn't needed of course.

The default number of connections is 8 (maxActive)

-- Dirk