commons-user mailing list archives

From "Dean A. Hoover" <dhoo...@rochester.rr.com>
Subject ManualPoolingDriverExample
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:27:46 GMT
I want to use connection pooling in a non-web
application. I found ManualPoolingDriverExample.java
and am attempting to learn from it. However, it
will not compile:

     [javac]
/home/dhoover/DEVEL/universal-common/src/ManualPoolingDriverExample.java:241:
getConnectionPool(java.lang.String) has protected access in
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDriver
     [javac]         ObjectPool connectionPool =
driver.getConnectionPool("example");
     [javac]                                           ^
     [javac]
/home/dhoover/DEVEL/universal-common/src/ManualPoolingDriverExample.java:249:
cannot resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : method closePool (java.lang.String)
     [javac] location: class org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDriver
     [javac]         driver.closePool("example");
     [javac]               ^
     [javac] 2 errors

Am I missing something here, or is the example not in step with:

commons-collections-3.0.jar
commons-dbcp-1.1.jar
commons-pool-1.1.jar

Thanks.