commons-user mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: repository
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:23:07 GMT
There are now two places that code can be placed to get into the Maven
repository at ibiblio.

1.) All apache hosted projects can publish their contents into

www.apache.org/dist/java-repository

this makes the process of releasing a distro at apache "not" dependent
on ibiblio (it is just a mirror of our stuff). Its important to note,
only apache content can be placed into this repository. Any Apache
Developer with Commit rights can complete this process.

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?MavenRepository

2.) All non-apache hosted content can be submitted to ibiblio via the
submition process designated in the maven documentation:

http://maven.apache.org/repository-upload.html

This however, is in flux and may change in the near future.

Cheers,
Mark

Torsten Curdt wrote:

> I haven't found an explicit rule in the commons
> charter but is this the trail new commons components
> need to take? ...or usually do?
>
> proposal -if accepted-> sandbox -later maybe-> repository
>
> Does a new component need to exist somewhere else
> first? Or is a plan good enough?
>
> Does the code need to come from an ASF
> project or just be under ASF license?
>

> cheers