commons-user mailing list archives

From "Dirk Rüttgers, wega Informatik AG" <Dirk.Ruettg...@wega-informatik.ch>
Subject [dbcp] Howto monitor JDBC Connections on tomcat 4.1.29
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 13:32:39 GMT
I'd like to monitor the number of active / idle JDBC Connections on
tomcat 4.1.29.
Is there a (tomcat) build in tool, script, log where i can find more
information on how the pool works, and which resources are used?

Are there any JAVA/Servlet/JSP/Taglib Sources which can be used to
monitor activities or check at least the pool dynamically?

At our site the the JDBC Connection is defined as a JNDI Datasource in
the server.xml DefaultContext as follows

<DefaultContext  debug="0" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
<Resource name="jdbc/xxxDataSource"
           auth="Container"
           type="javax.sql.DataSource"
           />
  <ResourceParams name="jdbc/xxxDataSource">
      <parameter>
       <name>factory</name>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
       <name>driverClassName</name>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
       <name>url</name>
       <value>jdbc:oracle:thin:@...</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
       <name>maxActive</name>
       <value>200</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
       <name>maxIdle</name>
       <value>40</value>
      </parameter>
      <parameter>
       <name>maxWait</name>
       <value>10000</value>
      </parameter>

Thanks for your kind help.
	Dirk

  wega Informatik AG   www.wega-informatik.ch
  Gartenstrasse 56     Tel.  +41 61 270 87 87
  CH-4052 Basel        Fax. +41 61 270 87 88
  Dr. Dirk Rüttgers    Dirk.Ruettgers@wega-informatik.ch