commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Processing of multipart/form-data request failed. Read timed out
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2004 23:38:12 GMT
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, gSOAP acct wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to upload 13 files and total about 500MB.
> Everytime I try and upload in a servlet that uses
> org.apache.commons.fileupload I get the following
> error
> org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException:
>
> Processing of multipart/form-data request failed. Read
> timed out
>
> What causes "Read timed out"'s?

The root exception (which is an IOException) is being thrown from inside
your container as FileUpload is trying to parse the request input stream.
I can't be certain why you're getting this exception, but I'd guess that
it's either network related, or something to do with the container not
waiting long enough for that large of an upload.

--
Martin Cooper