commons-user mailing list archives

From Anjulatha Vellanki <p_an...@yahoo.com>
Subject questions in JBoss security
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:31:08 GMT

I went through the online manual -> JBoss 2.4+ Documentation. I have questions in JBoss
security. 1. What is the difference between Client side login modules and Server side login
modules?Usually we will use Server side login module when working with web applications right.
(To implement the behavior of the JaasSecurityManager)Where do we use Client side login modules?
Can somebody give me an example?2. How are role groups defined? What is the use of them?
          In J2EE specs user groups were mentioned but nothing was mentioned about role groups.If
role groups can be used in JBoss how can they be specified in the deployment descriptors?
Can somebody give me an example? Thanks,Anju