commons-user mailing list archives

From sushma <schakkir_2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [logging] Re: Jdk14Logger.log noSuchMethodError
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:54:55 GMT
Hi,

I set this system property in the tomcat startup
script so that commons-logging uses SimpleLog instead
of Jdk14Logger and now its working fine.
-Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog

Thanks
sushma

--- robert burrell donkin
<robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> hi
>
> looks to me like a version incompatibility issue of
> some kind. the
> easiest way to fix this would probably be to remove
> the classes you
> added (since versions already appear to exist in the
> boot classpath).
>
> another strategy would be to reconfigure
> commons-logging so that it
> didn't use the incompatible classes.
>
> if these solution don't appear, can you please
> describe the logging
> classes and the version of the JVM you're using so
> that it's easier to
> diagnose the issue.
>
> - robert
>
> On 9 Feb 2004, at 19:59, sushma wrote:
>
> > Tomcat 4.1.27 does not start due to this error. I
> > added some logging related classes to the
> > bootclasspath  in the startup script. Is there a
> > workaround for this problem ?
> >
> > java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
> >         at

org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger.log(Jdk14Logger.java:116)
> >         at

org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger.info(Jdk14Logger.java:193)
> >         at

org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry.loadRegistry(Registry.java:264)
> >         at

org.apache.catalina.mbeans.MBeanUtils.createRegistry(MBeanUtils.java:

> > 1702)
> >         at

org.apache.catalina.mbeans.MBeanUtils.<clinit>(MBeanUtils.java:163)
> >         at

org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.<clinit>(Gl

> > obalResourcesLifecycleListener
> > .java:117)
> >         at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Native
> Method)
> >         at
> java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:237)
> >         at

org.apache.commons.digester.ObjectCreateRule.begin(ObjectCreateRule.jav

> > a:253)
> >         at

org.apache.commons.digester.Rule.begin(Rule.java:200)
> >         at

org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:1273)
> >         at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at

org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknow

> > Source)
> >         at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(

> > Unknown
> > Source)
> >         at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDi

> > spatcher.dispatch(Unknown
> > Sour
> > ce)
> >         at

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unkn