commons-user mailing list archives

From Snehal Khanna <snehal_hari...@yahoo.com>
Subject JXPath Performance
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 21:04:25 GMT
We are in the process of evaluating two
implementations of XPath namely JXPath and jd.xpath
from www.aztecrider.com

In our evaluations we have noticed that for XPath
expressions resulting in a node set with 100 nodes,
the performance of jd.xpath is superior to the
performance of JXPath. It looks like JXpath loses out
on performance while iterating through the results.

For XPath expressions resulting in a single node
output, the performance is comparable if we use
compiled expressions.

Has anyone else performed a similar analysis? Are
there any known performance issues with JXPath that
are currently being addressed? In general what is the
development plan for JXPath in terms of performance
improvements and enhancements?

Regards,
Snehal