commons-user mailing list archives

From Snehal Khanna <snehal_hari...@yahoo.com>
Subject JXPath Built-in functions
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 02:45:08 GMT
I am new to JXPath and am evaluating different xpath
expressions to get a feel of JXPath. am having trouble
with some built in functions.

This is the xpath expression to be evaluated against a
SOAP request:
/*[local-name()="Envelope" and
namespace-uri()="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"]

My code looks like this:

//get a DOM object
Document doc =
getDocument("D:\\jxpathtest\\soap.xml");
JXPathContext context = JXPathContext.newContext(doc);
Iterator itr = context.iteratePointers(xpath); //where
xpath is the above expression
while(itr.hasNext())
{
  Pointer ptr = (Pointer) itr.next();
  System.out.println("Value: " + ptr.getValue());
}

My problem is that itr.hasNext() returns false.

Appreciate any help on figuring this out.

Regards
Snehal