commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject Re: [Digester 1.5] Pattern matching screwed me up
Date Sun, 29 Feb 2004 22:24:01 GMT
[Martin Kersten wrote:]
> How about changing:
>
> [snip]
> The Release Notes document the new features and bug fixes that have been
>  included in this release.
>
> The JavaDoc API documents are available online. In particular, you should
> read the package description for the org.apache.commons.digester package
> for detailed information on using the package.
> [snap]
>
> to:
>
> The Release Notes document the new features and bug fixes that have been
> included in this release.
>
> The Documentation is part of the JavaDoc API documentation. In particular,
> you should read the package description for the org.apache.commons.digester
> package for detailed information on using the package.
>
> The JavaDoc API documents are also available online.

I think this  is a good suggestion, so I have made some minor changes to
the "index.xml" xdoc file. I don't have Maven installed, so rather than
commit the change without having tested it, here is a patch that I hope
some maven user can test & apply.

> I would suggest the following to prevent another one falling some traps
> I went through and wasted 4 hours of my life. Well not wasted entirely
> but it wasn't that productive also.
>
> a) refactor the The JavaDoc API documentation is available... and
> split it up and mention the documentation being part of the api in
> first place.
Sorry, I don't understand this. Refactor what and how? Split what up?

> b) alter the package documentation to reflect whats happening when
> it comes to self containment. (tag contains itself as child, the information
> was lagging).

Can you provide a patch to the existing package.html file which includes
the information you want? I will proof-read it for you.

Thanks for your comments.

Regards,

Simon