commons-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Bean-Util] DynaClass creation Dynamcially
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2004 23:41:27 GMT
Quoting dumdum 420 <dumdum420@hotmail.com>:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to create a DynaClass instance on the loadup of my application so
> that I can use the instance of the DynaClass and use the
> DynaClass.newInstance() method to get the particular DynaBean instance.
>
> The most suitable way to do the same would be thru a XML file which is
> parsed at the startup time.
> This is the same concept which is used by the Struts1.1 also for there
> DynaActionForm.
>
> Now can anyone tell me how to do this XML parsing using commons.Digester to
> achive the resutls or there is some kind of DynaBeanBuilder already coded
> which reads the XML and stores the DynaClass reference in the memory which
> will then help to create as many instances of the DynaBean to created on the
>
> basis of the type of the DynaClass locaded.
>
> This is an example of the .xml file as I am visualizing ...
>

> <dyna-bean name="ChangePasswordTO"
> type="org.apache.commons.beanutils.DynaBean ">
>         <form-property name="oldPassword" type="java.lang.String"
> initValue="password"/>
>         <form-property name="password1" type="java.lang.String" />
>         <form-property name="password2" type="java.lang.String" />
> </dyna-bean>
>
> If I am not clear please do let me know. Thanx in advance.

You might get some useful inspiration by looking at the code in Struts that
actually does this sort of thing.  You can grab the source bundle from a recent
nightly build at:

  http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-struts/nightly/

The Digester rules for reading struts-config.xml are set up in class
"org.apache.struts.config.ConfigRuleSet" (look for rule patterns that begin
with "struts-config/form-beans"), and the FormBeanConfig and FormPropertyConfig
bean classes are in the same package.  The actual factory for form bean
instances is the createActionForm() method in
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils that takes a FormBeanConfig and an
ActionServlet.

> Bhanu Pabreja

Craig