commons-user mailing list archives

From Janek Bogucki <...@studylink.com>
Subject RE : Info about packages
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 14:56:57 GMT
On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 16:37, Voyer Henry wrote:
> Thanks

Below is bash script I wrote to help me locate classes in jars. If I cd
to the tomcat home dir this is what I get

[yan@localhost tomcat4]$ findinjar.sh DateFormat

javax/mail/internet/MailDateFormat.class
   found in ./common/lib/[javamail][mailapi].jar
org/apache/jasper/util/FastDateFormat.class
   found in ./common/lib/jasper-runtime.jar
org/apache/catalina/util/FastHttpDateFormat.class
org/apache/catalina/util/FastDateFormat.class
   found in ./server/lib/catalina.jar
org/apache/tomcat/util/http/FastHttpDateFormat.class
   found in ./server/lib/tomcat-util.jar
org/apache/commons/lang/time/FastDateFormat.class
org/apache/commons/lang/time/FastDateFormat$UnpaddedMonthField.class
org/apache/commons/lang/time/FastDateFormat$StringLiteral.class
org/apache/commons/lang/time/FastDateFormat$TwelveHourField.class
org/apache/commons/lang/time/FastDateFormat$NumberRule.class
org/apache/commons/lang/time/FastDateFormat$CharacterLiteral.class
org/apache/commons/lang/time/FastDateFormat$TimeZoneNumberRule.class
org/apache/commons/lang/time/FastDateFormat$TimeZoneNameRule.class
org/apache/commons/lang/time/DateFormatUtils.class
org/apache/commons/lang/time/FastDateFormat$TwoDigitMonthField.class
org/apache/commons/lang/time/FastDateFormat$TimeZoneDisplayKey.class
org/apache/commons/lang/time/FastDateFormat$UnpaddedNumberField.class
org/apache/commons/lang/time/FastDateFormat$PaddedNumberField.class
org/apache/commons/lang/time/FastDateFormat$TwentyFourHourField.class
org/apache/commons/lang/time/FastDateFormat$Rule.class
org/apache/commons/lang/time/FastDateFormat$TwoDigitNumberField.class
org/apache/commons/lang/time/FastDateFormat$TextField.class
org/apache/commons/lang/time/FastDateFormat$Pair.class
org/apache/commons/lang/time/FastDateFormat$TwoDigitYearField.class
   found in ./shared/lib/commons-lang.jar
org/apache/log4j/helpers/AbsoluteTimeDateFormat.class
org/apache/log4j/helpers/DateTimeDateFormat.class
org/apache/log4j/helpers/ISO8601DateFormat.class
org/apache/log4j/helpers/RelativeTimeDateFormat.class
   found in ./shared/lib/log4j.jar
[yan@localhost tomcat4]$

#!/bin/sh
#
# findinjar.sh
#
# Author: Janek D. Bogucki, 01-Oct-31
#
# grep for a string in all JARs in the current directory
# recursively.

if [ $# -ne 1 ]; then
    echo "Usage: $0 <String>"
fi