commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Betwixt: Setting up BeanWriter to render a bean property as attribute rather than element
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2004 16:38:17 GMT
On 7 Feb 2004, at 14:37, Sebastian wrote:

hi sebastian

> Hi Robert,
> I managed to download the refactoring branch and build a distribution
> using maven. The I created a custom simplytypemapper and launched a
> junit test on my project. Then I discovered that nearly nothing works
> anymore. I removed my simpletypemapper and tried using the .betwixt
> files again. the junit test still failed. then I recognized, that
> collections are not unserialized as they used to do before, so when I
> have an xml like this
> <categories>
>    <category>...</cateogry>
>    <category>...</cateogry>
>    <category>...</cateogry>
> </categories>
> I expected that calling beanReader.parse(new StringReader(myXml))
> returns a Categories object as it did before (using betwixt alpha 1),
> but for any reason it now returns a Category object.
> Did anything substantial changed in how betwixt handles collections?

the reading code has been completed rewritten (it's still a bit of a
mess at the moment since there's more refactoring to come) but the
behaviour shouldn't have changed. i've added an additional test for
reading collectives based on the information you gave me but it doesn't
fail. if you'd be willing to donate a unit test to the ASF that
demonstrates the problem. i'm confident that i'd be able to quickly
find a way to resolve it.

- robert