commons-user mailing list archives

From "G. Madhan Dennis" <mad...@isoftel.com>
Subject DBCP - Redundant databases
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:22:58 GMT
Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to handle db redundancy in the Commons-DBCP? We have two
replicated databases. We configure DBCP to connect to the primary db.
However if it goes down DBCP needs to reconnect to the secondary db. How
do I do that? I have currently arrived at a solution which involves
using two connection pools, one for each database and alternating them
whenever a connection fails. Is there any other way to do this?
Thanks
Regards,
G. Madhan Dennis
Senior Systems Engineer
iSoftel India
Hand Phone: +91 98942 22987
Enabling Technologies for Carrier Services
Visit us at  <file:///\\www.isoftel.com> www.isoftel.com
 ,_,
(O,O) Opportunity is missed by most people,
(   ) because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.