commons-user mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: Properties Utility or Solution?
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 19:32:45 GMT

Because I've not got my head around [configuration] yet,
http://www.osjava.org/simple-jndi/ is my offering. Allows you to handle
the 'how to change properties at runtime' as well as it doesn't cache in
memory. Plus you can always upgrade to an ldap server later.

There is a converter layer in there, to turn Strings into Objects
automatically, though no plugin architecture yet so just Numbers etc.

0.8 to be released this weekend I hope with a dependency on
commons-convert [sandbox] for the conversion layer.

Hen