commons-user mailing list archives

From Administracion de sistemas web <adm...@merlot.tel.uva.es>
Subject Re: JSVC problem
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:43:29 GMT
Hello Pablo,

This problem has been explained in this post:
http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg05173.html

The easiest solution is to create a a jvm.cfg file with 1.3 JDK format:

1. Create the file $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/jvm.cfg
   It's NOT necessary to overwrite your actual jvm.cfg file because for
JDK 1.4 version this file is located in $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/sparc/ instead.

2. Copy this and paste into jvm.cfg

#
# @(#)jvm.cfg   1.10 00/08/01
#
# Copyright 1999 by Sun Microsystems, Inc.,
# 901 San Antonio Road, Palo Alto, California, 94303, U.S.A.
# All rights reserved.
#
# List of JVMs that can be used as the first option to java, javac, etc.
# Order is important -- first in this list is the default JVM.
#
-client
-hotspot
-server
-classic

And it should work, at least it works fine for me. This is known bug so I
suppose it will be solved in further releases of JSVC.

Ignacio Clérigo