commons-user mailing list archives

From "Harbick, Andrew" <aharb...@amazon.com>
Subject RE: [DBCP] Hanging
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:38:33 GMT
I experienced a similar problem in an application that I was developing.  I was using a MySQL
database though.  I solved the problem by adding:

    ?autoReconnect=true

to the JDBC URL.

That said, I also upgraded my MySQL Connector to 3.0.9 becase a colleague noticed this comment
in the ChangeLog http://www.mysql.com/downloads/api-jdbc-stable.html

"Don't fire connection closed events when closing pooled connections, or on PooledConnection.getConnection()
with already open connections (BUG#884)."

HTH,
Andy