commons-user mailing list archives

From Cheong Chung Onn <chung...@hs-integrating.com>
Subject [Betwixt] Options for doing a roundtrip
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:21:35 GMT
Hi all,

I am using Betwixt to do object persistence, I am facing some
challenges using it. Essentially,  I have to "open up" my class
Interface in order to achieve the desire behavior from Betwixt? I would
appreciate any one could direct me to the  right way to this problem.
Below is my scenario

  I have a class Person which has an attribute "address" type
AddressIntf. The implementation of AddressIntf is Address.  Address has
both the getters and setters of all its attributes, but AddressIntf
only has the getters. When i map the object to xml using Person
instance, i got the expected output.  However when i try to map it back
to a Person instance,  i only have an uninitialized address instance.
Note I've a custom class creator  to create an instance of Address.  In
order to achieve the desire result i.e. the address instance attributes
being updated, i would have to "open-up" the AddressIntf  by adding the
setter methods. Is there any way around this problem?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

chung-onn