commons-user mailing list archives

From Vikas Phonsa <VPho...@suz.com>
Subject Hierarchical Configuration Problem: Newbie
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:31:58 GMT
Hi Everybody,

I am trying to learn the commons-configuration from the examples given on
the website http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/configuration/examples.html

Things were working as expected until I started to use the Hierarchical
Properties. I'm listing my source code, the exceptions that I'm getting and
the properties file that I'm using. I would appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks

Vikas

---------------Source Code----------------------------------
public class FirstConfig {

		ConfigurationFactory configFactory = new
ConfigurationFactory();
		URL configFile = new File("config\\config.xml").toURL();
		System.out.println("URL== "+ configFile);
		configFactory.setConfigurationURL(configFile);
		Configuration config = configFactory.getConfiguration();

		String backgroundColor =
config.getString("color.background");
		String textColor = config.getString("color.text");
		String rows = config.getString("rowsPerPage");
System.out.println("Here is the back ground color property: "+
backgroundColor);
System.out.println("Here is the text color property: "+ textColor);
System.out.println("Here is the rows per page property: "+ rows);

//Everything is working perfectly fine till here

Object tablename = config.getProperty("tables.table(0).name");
System.out.println("Here is tablename.toString() : "+tablename.toString());

	}
}

--------------Exception Stack Trace----------------------------------------

URL== file:/c:/wsad_workspaces/Eclipse/Commons-Config/config/config.xml
Here is the back ground color property: black;
Here is the text color property: #000000
Here is the rows per page property: 15
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.StringBuffer: method
indexOf(Ljava/lang/String;I)I not found
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationKey$KeyIterator.findNextIndice
s(ConfigurationKey.java:431)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationKey$KeyIterator.nextKey(Config
urationKey.java:472)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration.HierarchicalConfiguration.findPropertyNodes
(HierarchicalConfiguration.java:476)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration.HierarchicalConfiguration.fetchNodeList(Hie
rarchicalConfiguration.java:449)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration.HierarchicalConfiguration.getPropertyDirect
(HierarchicalConfiguration.java:188)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration.HierarchicalConfiguration.containsKey(Hiera
rchicalConfiguration.java:354)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration.CompositeConfiguration.getFirstMatchingConf
ig(CompositeConfiguration.java:753)
	at
org.apache.commons.configuration.CompositeConfiguration.getProperty(Composit
eConfiguration.java:220)
	at com.suz.config.first.FirstConfig.main(FirstConfig.java:58)
Exception in thread "main"

--------------------config.xml-------------------------
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
<properties fileName="first.properties"/>
<dom4j fileName="first.xml"/>
<hierarchicalDom4j fileName="tables.xml"/>

</configuration>

---------------------tables.xml----------------------

?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>

<database>
  <tables>
      <name>users</name>
      <fields>