commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [net] Why use Net for SMTP?
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2004 14:22:10 GMT
At least to my taste, the better license is worth it.
(we should be able to compare Sun licenses to Apache ones and in
general Apache surely wins, trouble is someone has to understand Sun
licenses deeply to be able to provide such a comparison).

Also I think the implementations in Commons-Net are much more
straightforward (and thus require less set-up) than java-mail.
For example, I don't think it is possible in JavaMail to invoke a
pop-store without a backing set of files... (really a guess).

Paul