commons-user mailing list archives

From EP...@upstate.com
Subject RE: Properties Utility or Solution?
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 19:38:55 GMT
While [configuration] does have a JNDIConfiguration to read from JNDI, it
doesn't have runtime changes yet.  We have talked about it, and some ideas
on various strategeis to handle this have been bounced around.  We will
probably try and release 1.0 without that, to give us more time to come up
with something good, but any help in that direction would be aprreciated.

You could have your own decorator that causes a reload whenever you needed
it to..

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Henri Yandell [mailto:bayard@generationjava.com]
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2004 2:33 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: Properties Utility or Solution?

Because I've not got my head around [configuration] yet,
http://www.osjava.org/simple-jndi/ is my offering. Allows you to handle
the 'how to change properties at runtime' as well as it doesn't cache in
memory. Plus you can always upgrade to an ldap server later.

There is a converter layer in there, to turn Strings into Objects
automatically, though no plugin architecture yet so just Numbers etc.

0.8 to be released this weekend I hope with a dependency on
commons-convert [sandbox] for the conversion layer.

Hen