commons-user mailing list archives

From "CHOY, ALAN" <alan.c...@cgi.com>
Subject [fileupload] how does it handle anti-virus?
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:11:40 GMT
I'm wondering how FileUpload handles file which is infected with virus.
I've tried Struts 1.0.2, which used its own library, and when a virus
infected file is uploaded, it triggered the anti-virus software on the
server immediately, and the FormFile that I got was null.

However when I used Struts 1.1 (which used FileUpload by default), the
virus infected file was able to upload to the server successfully just
like a regular file.  Does anyone have any experience in this area?

--

Alan Choy
Consultant, E-Business and Customer Care