commons-user mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Commons Multipart, anyone?
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 19:34:50 GMT

Tim O'Brien wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Mark R. Diggory wrote:
>

>>Martin Cooper wrote:

>>>They are both multipart MIME, but the specific MIME types are different.
>>>
>>>I think a Commons Multipart component would be very interesting. We
>>>already have multipart creation code in Commons HttpClient, and multipart
>>>parsing code in Commons FileUpload. Breaking these out into something like
>>>a Commons Multipart that could be used by both - and potentially by
>>>Commons Net in more comprehensive mail handling - would be great.
>>>
>>>I would be +1 on creating a Commons Multipart component, meaning that I am
>>>willing to put in some time and effort, if other people are interested in
>>>collaborating on such a beast.
>>>
>>>Anyone else?
>>>
>>>--
>>>Martin Cooper
>>>

>>If we're talking about Encoding/Decoding mutlipart MIME, arn't we really
>>possibly talking about a common multipart MIME Codec that would possibly
>>be housed in the "codec" project?
>

> Mark, +1, and anyone who feels like committing this code to codec is
> encouraged.
>
> Tim

Most of the HttpClient encoding is in a static getParts method in
o.a.c.h.methods.multipart.Part and in the individual "send" methods of
the Part implmentation for HttpClient.

-Mark

p.s. I'm about +0.5 in terms of effort I can apply to this.

(Sorry for crossposting this, trying to keep it on the dev list, please
respond there.)

--
Mark Diggory
Software Developer