commons-user mailing list archives

From Gilles Dodinet <rhi...@free.fr>
Subject [jelly-xml] xml:copy outputs attributes as text also
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 07:15:42 GMT
hi-

im trying to transform some documents with jelly:jsl in order to modify
the attributes of a specific element ('item'), the rest of the document
remaining unchanged. so i have something like that in my jsl file :

<jsl:template match="/" trim="false">
    <jsl:applyTemplates select="project"/>
</jsl:template>

<jsl:template select="item">
    <!-- do stuff. works correctly -->
</jsl:template>

<jsl:template select="*">
    <!-- if currentNode.name == 'item', apply item template, else do
this : -->
    <x:copy select=".">
       <jsl:applyTemplates />
    </x:copy>
</jsl:template>

the problem i face is that for elements different than 'item',
attributes are outputed as text as shown below :

<menu name="menu_1">menu_1 <<===== here's the error
      <item name="item 1" href="/item_1_link"> <<=== no error for item
transformation
</menu>

i guess the problem comes from my xsl tranformation, more particulary
from my use of x:copy. although i cannot see what the error is. what am
i missing ?

thanks for your help.

-- gd