commons-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Barrett" <JBarr...@sawyermedia.com>
Subject [net] random NPEs on read
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 17:41:51 GMT
I'm using commons-net to ftp a bunch of files around every night as a batch process.  It probably
copies just under 1g.  Over the course of that process I'll  often get 2 or 3 thrown exceptions
like so:

    [java] java.lang.NullPointerException
    [java] 	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:279)
    [java] 	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:183)
    [java] 	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:201)
    [java] 	at org.apache.commons.net.telnet.TelnetInputStream.__read(TelnetInputStream.java:140)
    [java] 	at org.apache.commons.net.telnet.TelnetInputStream.run(TelnetInputStream.java:464)
    [java] 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

It doesn't happen at any specific time.  It isn't a particular file size, I see it on 25k
- 5m files.  I also haven't seen any problems with the copied files.  I've sort of let this
go since there seem to be no ill effects, but it's making me nervous.

Any ideas what this might be, or suggestions on how to troubleshoot it?

+jeff

The information in this email and subsequent attachments may contain confidential information
that is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). This message
or any part thereof must not be disclosed, copied, distributed, or retained by any person
without the authorization from the addressee.