commons-user mailing list archives

From raj <rajsh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Fwd: DBCP - Connection pool --How to close bad connections
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 18:22:07 GMT

 Hi,
 Thanks for information in advance.
 I am running into an issue where some bad
 connections
 are hanging not getting closed and eventually going
 away once I restart the server.

 Problem is some times there are too many effecting
 performance.

 I am closing all the connections in the code.
 I am using poolingDataSource.

 Is there any parameter in DBCP which will determine
 whether an ACTIVE connection is valid or not and
 then
 if not close the connection without effecting other
 Active connections...

 Some thing like Using For How much time this
 connection is Active..

 Thanks for the help.
 Regards..RAJ