commons-user mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@managesoft.com>
Subject Re: [jexl/jelly] accessing public fields?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 21:37:52 GMT
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your email mate. I had a suspicion that jexl didn't support it
after the searching I did.

Unfortunately I can't change the class I need to access as it's an external
library (SWT). I could perhaps write a wrapper class though.

In the mean time I've implemented such functionality as a custom tag. Will
be able to get by with that for the moment.

I've got some travel coming up, but when I get back I could take a look at
adding it to jexl, etc, for sure.

Cheers,

Marcus

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 03:27:03PM -0500, peter royal wrote:
> On Jan 5, 2004, at 1:32 PM, Marcus Crafter wrote:
> >I'm currently stumped in the following situation. I have a class that
> >has
> >public fields in it, and I'd like to access them from inside a jelly
> >script,
> >however when I write:
>
> I don't believe jexl supports accessing them at the moment. Can you
> modify your object to be more bean-like with a getter? Otherwise it
> shouldn't be too bad to add that capability to jexl :)
> -pete

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: