commons-user mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@managesoft.com>
Subject [jexl/jelly] accessing public fields?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 18:32:47 GMT
Hi All,

Hope all is going well.

I'm currently stumped in the following situation. I have a class that has
public fields in it, and I'd like to access them from inside a jelly script,
however when I write:

${event.widget}

it always gives me nothing in return.

>From what I can tell, it's not searching for the public field 'widget' on
the object 'event', it seems to be searching for a 'getWidget' method or a
'get' method that will accept 'widget' as a property name.

This was just by inspecting the source for jexl and looking at the
util/introspection classes.

If my class:

public class Event {
    public Event event;

    /* ... */
}

has such a public field, how can I access the value of this field inside of
jelly?

Should I be doing something else to get the value? Perhaps I've misunderstood
the jexl/jelly source, or misunderstood something else?

Any ideas appreciated.

Cheers,

Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: