commons-user mailing list archives

From Michael Czeiszperger <>
Subject Re: Logging is causing HttpClient to fail
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 03:30:39 GMT

On Jan 7, 2004, at 9:49 PM, Simon Kitching wrote:

> I believe this is commonly caused by classloader problems.
> Are you running this code in a container of some sort?
> When SimpleLog and Log are loaded by different classloaders, the
> "instance-of" operation can report false.

Thanks for the help!  I'm running the code inside the IDEA development
environment from within a JUnit test. The sample code is being run from
a class file on the CLASSPATH and the HttpClient and Logger JARS are
both on the CLASSPATH as well. I don't see how different classloaders
could be involved, but that's definitely a possibility.

Michael Czeiszperger
czei at webperformanceinc dot com
Web Performance, Inc.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: