commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Digester] Fatal Error
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 19:38:10 GMT

                       *********************************

> You mentioned the possibility of a parser error. Is there a way for me
> to find out what the error was??

the message you see is the parser error :)

i will hazard a guess that the

<?xml version='1.0'?>

which should be at the top of your xml document is either missing, the
shabang is not right at the start of the document or contain a syntax
error. try parsing the document separately or adding a custom error
trap for SAXParseException and printing all the details (such as line
number).

- robert