commons-user mailing list archives

From Michael Czeiszperger <c...@webperformanceinc.com>
Subject Logging is causing HttpClient to fail
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 02:40:23 GMT
I'm evaluating HttpClient, and am having trouble getting even the
trivial sample code to work. I am able to compile the program, but when
it runs I get an error from the logging mechanism:
LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger does not implement Log.

I've tried following all of the suggested logging settings, but each
attempt gives the error:

Class X does not implement "Log", where X could be SimpleLog or NoOpLog.

I searched the list archives but couldn't find any mention of these
errors. I've tried adjusting the CLASSPATH to place the logging and
HttpClient libs in different orders, but that doesn't seem to make a
difference.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.