commons-user mailing list archives

From Joachim.P...@unisg.ch
Subject Re: [DIGESTER] prefix:namespace list
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 17:03:08 GMT

hi,

i circumvent the problem by using JDOM currently (heck, I have a bias
towards high level API's ;-)) , but i thought maybe Digester has a similar
built-in function to retrieve the list of Namespaces and their prefixes.
Looks like this is not the case...

so, I have to decide whether to  tweak  my copy of Digester or to stick to
my current solution... well, i'll see

thanks!
Joe

                      Janek Bogucki

                      <yan@studylink.c         An:      "Jakarta Commons Users List" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                      om>                      Kopie:

                                               Thema:   Re: [DIGESTER] prefix:namespace list

                      02.12.2003 17:57

                      Bitte antworten

                      an "Jakarta

                      Commons Users

                      List"

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/digester/api/org/apache/commons/digester/
>rss/package-summary.html
>

> too bad... isn't it ?
>
> Fred

Digester handles namespaces without any particular difficulty AFAIK.

The point underlying my reference to SAX2 is that SAX2 gives access to
namespace information relatively directly via callbacks, while Digester is
layer on top of SAX2 and is not required, if the aim is to extract
namespace
information, rather than build a custom document object model.

If the OP is using Digester then he must already have access to a XMLReader

which he could use instead of Digester.

-Janek