commons-user mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject [jelly]: core:forEach collections
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:02:18 GMT
Amnon Khen wrote on Monday, December 15, 2003 4:12 PM:
> I sent a question about jelly core:forEcah collection almost
> a week ago and no one has answered me. Is my question
> off-topic? Is it a newbie question? I tried looking up the
> answer myself before posting a message here and haven't found
> anything... Please help... :) Thanks,
> 	Amnon

Basically it helps a lot, if you identify the package in the subject. With ~30 different packages
in common any message not identifying its target will get lost *very* easily.

Amnon Khen wrote on Tuesday, December 09, 2003 17:49:
> Hi Jelly folk,
> What types of collections can be used in the core:forEach
> tag? In the ForEach task from ant-contrib, one can use
> delimited strings as well as Ant data types like Path-like
> Structures. Can this also be simply achieved in Jelly? I'm
> thinking about something in the neighborhood of: <c:forEach ...>
>                         <c:list> ...
>             </c:list>
> </c:forEach>
> I can always create a path and convert it into a delimited
> string the PathConvert task, but it's a bit tedious. It won't
> kill me, of course... Is there a way to group properties in
> to a set similarly to the PropertySet data type in Ant 1.6?
> Thanks for your time and consideration,
>             Amnon

Can't say much about the forEach construct above, but I've provided a patch for comma-delimited
items, that is unfortunately not applied yet.

Regards,
Jörg