commons-user mailing list archives

From "Vernon Smith" <vwu98...@lycos.com>
Subject [DBCP] Can DBCP be used to solve this XA issue?
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 17:05:30 GMT

Hi,

Here is a situation:
During a user registration, data is inserted into a sequence of tables. Those insertion queries
are submitted at different time during the registration. To maintain the data integrity, the
data shall be either all written or none of them written. Other than this scenario, the rest
of queries in the application work fine with the auto-commit setting. The current version
of BD connection pool in place is unable to handle this issue without JTA. I have browsed
over the DBCP API. It seems to me the DBCP might be able to the job. I have done a thorough
search in the Jakarta site and using Google, unable to find more detailed document/examples
on the subject. Can someone give me a help?

Thanks,

Vernon