commons-user mailing list archives

From "dumdum 420" <dumdum...@hotmail.com>
Subject BasicDynaBean and overriding the toString()
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:18:53 GMT
Hi All,

I am using the BasicDynaBean for my entire project which seemed to be
working fine till I started coding for the frontend which is java swing
based.

Since the BasicDynaBean has not overridden the toString method when I try to
display my JTree using these beans all i get is the Objects memory address
which I am not really interested.

Now since I have lot of swing based componenets  which have similar
behaviour I am wondering how can I override toString method to get desired
results ie may be return a propertyName say for example

public String toString(){
     return this.get("person_Name");
}

BTW: Remember that the Bean is same across the project and I cannot do this
method in the bean since then for say another usecase this property does not
even exist.

If I am not clear please ask me again.

I am really stuck and really need a solution.

Thanx in advace.

dumdum420